The Gabrielpika Animation Studios is a Foopiian-American animation film studio. The studio originally produced YTPs until the split in December 2015 when the company repurposed to produce animated feature films, short films, and TV shows, however by another split in September 30, 2017, the studio will switch to a business animation company that'll only produce animated idents, bumpers, and other TGP related.
TPEN Kids era (1995-2008)
In 1995, TPEN founded TPEN Kids Productions which was headquartered at FooTown, Foopiia, at the time TPEN Kids Productions was owned by TPEN Kids Worldwide.
In 2001, EM.TV & Merchandising AG was selling The Jim Henson Company due to major financial problems, TPEN Kids Productions was interested of acquiring The Jim Henson Company, along with rights of The Muppets and other Jim Henson products and add them on to TPEN Kids' lineup for Europe, Oceania, Latin America, and Asia.
In December 2002, EM. TV was only selling 49.9% stake of The Jim Henson Company to a investment group led by Dean Valentine making TPEN Kids lose a chance to buy Jim Henson, however TPEN Kids still has the library and license rights to Jim Henson's Muppets and other products they produced that was transferred from TPEN since TPEN Kids Productions was formed in 1995.
In July 2003, The Jim Henson Company was acquired back by the Henson Family for $78 million. In 2004, The Jim Henson Company sold the Muppets and Bear in the Big Blue House to The Walt Disney Company, however TPEN Kids remains the library and licensed rights of the Muppets and Bear in the Big Blue House.
Autism Awareness (2002-2008)
Autism Awareness Productions produced preschool, and educational programming which they air at Nick Jr. Foopiia, PBS Kids Sprout Foopiia, Noggin Foopiia, and other preschool channels, however as of 2008, its preschool programming where now moved to FTN Junior and TPEN Junior.
Autism Awareness carries the Foopiian licencing rights and owns the Foopiian library of Sesame Workshop (which are the Foopiian co-production of Puppetsas Castele (Puppet City) but called Sesame Foopiia in English which Sesame Workshop later switched its co-producer Autism Awareness to BobyStar Enterprises after Autism Awareness merged with TPEN Kids Productions and later transferred to Stuffed Animal World Productions after BobyStar Enterprises acquired ownership of Stuffed Animal World Productions along with Stuffed Animal World TV with TGP Media-Networks acquired Stuffed Animal World in December 2016 meaning non-BobyStar products like Potty and Handy, Stuffed Animal World, and even Sesame Workshop and Stuffed Animal World's Sesame Foopiia are now in hands with TGP Media-Networks.)
Gabrielpika era (2008-2012)
In 2002, TPEN had planned to make another entertainment studio that is based on its new kids brand "The Gabrielpika" that produces live-action, cartoons, etc, and wanted to rename TPEN Kids Productions into "gabrielpika studios" (working title), this name concept was later used in The Gabrielpika Studios in 2015.
In January 3, 2007, one of the employees where watching YTPs which it causes to plan to add the YTPs to the studio as well, but they where thinking if this is gonna be the world first studio that produce YTPs, so they scrap the live-action and cartoon idea. After finishing the plans in early 2008, they rename it back its "productions" name to gabrielpika Productions, and founded in June 5, 2008 which TPEN bought there original studio back.
In 2009 they where finishing the YTP plan and officially joined roblox in April 2009. In 2010 it produced YTPs, but there not in public until November 15, 2014 when there being uploaded by gabrielpika145 on YouTube.
In January 2011, they decided to bring back the cartoon idea, and produced there first animation in the studio which was an unnamed Angry Birds video.
In April 2011, Apax put HiT up for sale with option to sell the company in two parts Thomas & Friends franchise and the other HiT characters with PBS Kids Sprout with either parts or separately, Gabrielpika Productions and TPEN Kids Worldwide (both owned by TPEN) was one of the bidders of HIT Entertainment, and Gabrielpika Productions wanted ownership of the Pingu franchise to continue air Pingu on The Gabrielpika Channel, many TPEN Kids channels internationally and its preschool blocks and channels, and a stake of PBS Kids Sprout which Cells and TPEN had previously attempted to buy a stake of PBS Kids Sprout back in October 2005 before Comcast denied the deal in 2006 (which later bought ownership of Sprout in March 19, 2013 and switched into Universal Kids in September 9, 2017), and revive TPEN's concept change of Sprout after the purchase of Hit, the deal will also effect licensed franchises that where Hit Entertainment owned making those franchises being fully owned by Gabrielpika Productions, however TGP's purchase of Hit Entertainment was officially denied when Mattel had won the bid and Apax Partners sold HIT Entertainment to Mattel on October 24, 2011, Gabrielpika still remain the licenses of Pingu and other Hit-owned franchises.
The Gabrielpika Era (2012-2018/2019)
In August 2012 it rename to The Gabrielpika Productions and they stop producing YTPs by September 2012 having more than 300 videos being produced.
In Fall 2013, they officially announced that The Gabrielpika Productions was going to rename to The Gabrielpika Cartoon Studio.
In Early 2014 they came back producing YTPs, and around summer 2014, they stop producing YTPs again, but this time they announced that the renaming plan is still currently in development, after the development was finished, they rename The Gabrielpika Cartoon Studio to The Gabrielpika Animation Studios, and finishing the plan in fall 2014, as of September 2014 they came back making YTPs.
In May 2015 they finished the plan was to rename in summer 2015 but suddenly pushed back in December 31, 2015, when The original TGP Productions finally renamed to The Gabrielpika Animation Studios. By then, the company stopped producing YTPs in the studio, and move on to animation, and "Reimu bought Sony Vegas, but Yukko decide to explode the computer" was the very last video to be ever produced. Afterwards the production spun-off into two companies The Gabrielpika Studios, and The Gabrielpika Animation Studios, which TGP Studios continue to produce YTPs, beginning bring back the live-action idea, and start to distribute Movies, TV Shows, ETC.
In December 15, 2015, with The Gabrielpika Company merging with Crystal Holdings, The Gabrielpika Productions was in talks with DreamWorks Animation if they would merge together into a new company for New Years eve, like what DreamWorks was trying to do when merging with Hasbro, at the same time when its parent company would merged together, the deal will also transfer The Gabrielpika's licensed properties like Plonsters, and Kukori and Kotkoda to DreamWorks Classics, they'll possibly would be DreamWorks films based on E's World, Kukori, and other TGP related pre-existing properties that'll made in CGI and DreamWorks television series such as The Penguins of Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, DreamWorks Dragons, Monsters vs. Aliens, and its Netflix original series will be added on The Gabrielpika's channel lineup in United States, Latin America (which it did happen but most are either only premieres or just now part of Discovery Kids), Asia, Canada, and Europe, and DreamWorks Channel will transfer to TGP's parent television company, TPEN. (though its Asian division)
In December 20, 2015, the deal was denied by Crystal Holdings, instead the studio decided go back to its original plan by splitting into 2 companies by New Years eve.
Polar Night Era (2016-2017)
In Summer 2016, The Gabrielpika let Animationcollab to produce certain flash animated series such as a An Great Adventures of Gabrielpika, and they only allow Animationcollab to produce object shows or flash related shows for the studio, however the flash studio division was renamed to GabFlash and it began scrapping as a producer of An Great Adventures of Gabrielpika when the show was scrapped, and as a co-producer of LolmanXD444 Productions' original series, The Lolman Object Show and others, ending GabFlash with no original projects being produced thus announcing to end the studio after 3 years and only made 2 co-produced shows, and one unproduced original series which eventually became known as Total Qwe Qwarterland.
In 2017, Glurt97 sold Squidnonk to The Gabrielpika Animation Studios to focus on other things, despite still currently an animator, however its Irish studio closed and became a European division of The Gabrielpika Animation Studios.
QWE Holdings Era (2017-2019)
In May 2017, The Gabrielpika Animation Studios had attempted to buy Funimation for $143 million, as the company was interested to continue dubbing Sgt. Frog, creating a American dubs of Kyorochan, Gabriel DropOut, and other anime and continue broadcasting Funimation programming on Animedia, Sony won the bid in July 31, 2017, The Gabrielpika continues handling the co-licenses of Sgt. Frog, and other already Funimation licensed anime as of 2017.
In July 2017, M.O.A. Productions had terminated their contract with The Gabrielpika Animation Studios due to M.O.A being sold back to its original owner, and M.O.A.'s former subsidiaries bOnageTV along with bOnage Animation Studios where acquired by TPEN-FTN Television Group and The Gabrielpika Animation Studios for $72.2 million, thus having ownership of the bOnage brand. Crescent Animation, bOnage's Chinese animation division was included in the deal as Crescent Animation was folded into The Gabrielpika Animation Studios China after the purchase, the studio was based in Beijing at the time of the purchase.
In September 10, 2017, Gabriel announced that The Gabrielpika Animation Studios will spun-off again into 2 new companies its Foopiian headquarters will be the new place for its animations for The Gabrielpika channel and its sister networks, and will remain as The Gabrielpika Animation Studios fully owned by GGZ Media, while its American studio will spin-off as a independent animation studio as GabToons Inc. that fully owned rights to all of its franchises including E's World, QWE Holdings and its subsidiaries will remain its business, theme park, television, comic, merchandise, and film distribution rights to GabToons, the name that are used in QWE Holdings or other companies will be licensed by GabToons Inc., The Gabrielpika Animation Studios subsidiaries that has GabToons in its names and E's World Productions will be transferred to GabToons Inc. Its subsidiary, GabFlash will be merging with Squidnonk to become the new American division of The Gabrielpika Animation Studios.
The split ended at September 30, 2017, 3 new companies where created one merged company The Gabrielpika Animation Studios in New York City.
In December 2017, GabToons Inc. decided to sold its direct to video and development divisions, GabToons Studios (based in San Jose, California) and GabToons Development Studios to The Gabrielpika Animation Studios for $13.4 million, The Gabrielpika Animation Studios announced a merge between GabToons' divisions to become a Californian office and another unknown office of The Gabrielpika Animation Studios by March 2018. In December 22, 2017, United States Department of Justice Antitrust Division, and The Foopiian Government had approved the merger between GabToons Studios and GabToons Development Studios and the deal will close at January 5, 2018.
In December 18, 2017, GGZ Media-Networks Inc. had announced a new kids division company, TGP LLC for The Gabrielpika brand including The Gabrielpika Animation Studios, GabToons Inc. (former owners of its recent sold 2 assets and from the split between the studio and GabToons) had joined the venture. In December 22, 2017, many other bidders such as BobyStar Enterprises, and Televea Group where chosen to join the venture In December 24, 2017, All bidders accepted the deal, pending approval from the United States Department of Justice Antitrust Division, The Foopiian Government, European Commission, and Latin American authorities and might possibly happen the same time as the Disney-Fox merger. According to QWE Holdings, The Gabrielpika Animation Studios, The Gabrielpika Studios, and other brands that remains the 2007 and 2012 The Gabrielpika brands will change its name and rebrand to simply TGP, like TGP Animation and TGP Studios to match its current brand once the deal is done.
In January 2, 2018, The Gabrielpika Animation Studios and QWE Holdings had announced to sell all assets of GabToons like its license GabToons brands, labels and GabToons characters for $25 thousand, expects bidders like Mixture Media, and GabToons Inc. where interested of buying the rest of the parts of GabToons. In January 3, 2018, GabToons Inc. decided to buy its ownership its remaining GabToons parts from The Gabrielpika, and The Gabrielpika accepted the deal and it ended at January 5, 2018.
In January 6, 2018 The Gabrielpika decided to dropped all GabToons programs like E's World in all of its channels (The Gabrielpika, EXD, TGP Jr. and etc) except for GabToons channels, and its Foopiian channels, TPEN expect the GabToons branded channels to shutdown in Late 2018 and replace it with bOangeTV internationally (EMEA, Asia, CEE, Canada, and Australia) except for the UK, Ireland, United States, Latin America, Foopiia, Iberia, where bOangeTV had its own channels, TPEN will had plans to relaunch it as another animation channel in those countries.
Catalogs and libraries
Handled by TPEN Kids Productions
- Your Family Entertainment library
- Pannonia Film Studio library (acquired by TPEN in 1976, library transferred to TPEN Kids Productions at 1995)
- HiT Entertainment library (since 2011)
- The Pygos Group library (acquired by TPEN in Late 1986, library transferred to TPEN Kids Productions at 1995)
- CinéGroupe library
- Odec Kid Cartoons library
- Producciones García Ferré/García Ferré Entertainment library
- Zagreb Film library
- BRB Internacional library
- DIC Entertainment library (since 1990s and 2000s)
- Saban Entertainment library (since 2009)
- Oobi At Work Productions library (since 2010)
- BobyStar library (since 2011)
- Sesame Workshop library (Foopiian markets only)
- Greeny Phatom library (International markets and United States 1995-2017, only in Foopiian markets since 2017)
- Jim Henson library (including The Muppets and Bear in the Big Blue House) (acquired by TPEN in Late 1980s transferred to TPEN Kids Productions in 1995)
Handled by Animedia Worldwide
- ADV Films/A.D. Vision library (since September 1, 2009)
- Sentai Filmworks library (since 2010s)
- Funmation library (since 2006)
- 4Kids Entertainment library (acquired entire library from FTN Kids at 2011)
- GabToons Inc. library (since September 30, 2017 - January 6, 2018)
- Hanna-Barbera library (library acquired by TPEN in 1980s, entire studio was acquired by Turner Broadcasting Service in 1991, TPEN's library rights expired in 2000s and 2010s)
- Warner Bros. Cartoons library (pre-1948 library acquired by Turner Broadcasting Service, TPEN's library rights expired in 2000s and 2010s)
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer cartoon studio/MGM Animation/Visual Arts library (MGM was acquired by Turner Broadcasting Service in August 4, 1986, TPEN's library rights expired in 2000s and 2010s)
- Walt Disney Animation Studios/Disney Television Animation/Disney MovieToons library (Latin American and European markets only later United States when The Gabrielpika made a deal with The Walt Disney Company to revive Toon Disney as a block in 2014) (acquired by TPEN Kids Worldwide in January 1990 transferred to its subsidiary TPEN Kids Productions in 1995, and expired in 1996 and 2001 after Disney Channel launched in Europe and Latin America, and July 2017 for United States)
- Cartoon Network library (entire library sold to 444TV in July 2017)
- Nickelodeon/Noggin/Nick Jr./Nicktoons library (Latin American markets only later United States in 2012) (acquired by TPEN Latin America Group in 1993 library transferred to TPEN Kids Productions in 1995, later acquired library in United States in 2012, expired at 1996 after Nickelodeon launched in Latin America, 2000 with TPEN Kids's rights of Ren and Stimpy sold to Locomotion, 2006 for CatDog, July 2017 sold their entire library to 444TV and 2021 for Kappa Mikey)
- Stuffed Animal World library (acquired the library along with the BobyStar library in 2011 and in December 15, 2016, The Gabrielpika Animation Studios's parent TGP Media-Networks acquired Stuffed Animal World Company from BobyStar Enterprises)
- Kukori and Kotkoda (International rights)
- Oobi At Work
- Gino the Chicken
- Sgt. Frog (also licensed by Funmation) (formerly licensed by ADV Films)
- Pingu (international broadcast rights only, Foopiian rights only) (owned by HiT Entertainment)
- Ovide and the Gang
- Ric Raven
- The Little Flying Bears
- Albert says... The Nature Knows Best
- The Babaloos
- Tommy and Oscar
- Fly Tales (international broadcast rights only, Foopiian rights only) (owned by HiT Entertainment)
- The Frog Show
- Arturo & Kiwi
- Mr. Hiccup
- La Linea
- The Adventures of Hijitus
- Around the World with Willy Fog
- Triple Z
- Monica's Gang
- Fix and Foxi
- Mort & Phil
- Mr. Bogus
- Patrol 03
- Delfy and His Friends
- The Fruitties
- The Mozart Band
- The Triplets
- Greeny Phatom (Foopiian rights only)
- Malachi Tyrus (Foopiian rights only)
- The World of David the Gnome
- Dink, the Little Dinosaur
- Cantinflas Show
- Pat & Stan
- Les Multoches
- The Beet Party
- Where's Chicky?
- Ratz (USA rights only)
- Oggy and the Cockroaches (USA and Foopiian rights only)
- OOglies (International rights)
- Space Goofs (USA and Foopiian rights only)
- Zig and Sharko (USA and Foopiian rights only)
- Boom & Reds
- Amoeba Sisters
- Cut the Rope
- El Chavo Animado
- Plankton Invasion
- Oscar Oasis
- Pet Alien
- Battle For Dream Island
- Happy BLAM
- Homestar Runner
- Spies on Socks
- The Roodisooders
- Pokemon (formerly licensed by 4Kids Entertainment) (Foopiian rights only)
- Pretty Cure (formerly licensed by 4Kids Entertainment)
- F-Zero GP Legend (formerly licensed by 4Kids Entertainment)
- Shaman King (formerly licensed by 4Kids Entertainment)
- Tokyo Mew Mew (formerly licensed by 4Kids Entertainment)
- Azumanga Daioh (also licensed by Sentai Filmworks)
- Lucky Star (also licensed by Funmation)
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (also licensed by Funmation)
- K-On! (also licensed by Sentai Filmworks)
- Bamboo Blade (also licensed by Funmation)
- Love Live!
- Nichijou (also licensed by Funmation)
- Squid Girl (also licensed by Sentai Filmworks)
- Kill Me Baby (also licensed by Sentai Filmworks)
- Himouto! Umaru-chan (also licensed by Sentai Filmworks)
- Kin-iro Mosaic (also licensed by Sentai Filmworks)
- Fairy Tail (also licensed by Funmation)
- Gabriel DropOut
- Sea Princesses
- Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch (formerly licensed by ADV Films)
- Hamtaro (also licensed by Viz Media)
- Ojamajo Doremi (formerly licensed by 4Kids Entertainment)
- Hime Chen! Otogi Chikku Idol Lilpri
- Glitter Force
- Kemono Friends
- Whataguy (Whataburger)
- H-E-Buddy (H-E-B)
- Rocky the Dinosaur (Peter Piper Pizza)
- Buc-ee's mascot
- The Save-Ums
- Monster Jam
- Angry Birds
- Petz Club
- Pom Pom meséi
- A kockásfülű nyúl
- Mazsola és Tádé
- Kiváncsi Fáncsi
- The Mézga Family
- Zaczarowany ołówek
- Teddy Street
- Once Upon a Time... Life
- Lilly the Witch
- Bibi Blocksberg
- Geronimo Stilton
- The Many Adventures Of Crab
- Klay World
- Pipe e Cuco
- The Moomins
- Gil & Julie
- The Amazing Adventures of Morph
- Bojan the Bear
- The Brollys
- The ChuckleHounds
- Captain Bluebear
- Ernest, Le Vampire
- Fabula das Cores
- Fábulas dos Números
- Jimbo and the Jet-Set
- Johnson and Friends
- Nicolau e a Turma do Quintal
- Koulelo se jablíčko
- Najmenší hrdinovia
- The Adventures of Dynamo Duck
- The Little Green Man
- Pigeon Street
- Pipi in Melkijad
- Oma Bitte Kommen
- Turma do Bom Clima
- Pat & Mat
- Zig & Zag
- The Dreamstone
- Toki Doki
- Denver, the Last Dinosaur
- Amigo and Friends
- Adventures of the Little Koala
- Maya the Honey Bee (Anime rights only)
- Ox Tales
- Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds
- Alfred J. Kwak
- Sally the Witch
- Kimba the White Lion
- Katie and Orbie
- The Zula Patrol
- World of Goo
- Chuck E. Cheese's (also licensed by Funmation)
- Sesame Street (Foopiian rights only)
- Pinky Dinky Doo (Foopiian rights only)
- Igloo Gloo
- Toopy and Binoo
- Harold and the Purple Crayon
- I Spy
- Gogo's Adventures
- Limon and Oli
- Kit 'n' Kate
- Peep and the Big Wide World
- The Berenstain Bears
- A Little Curious
- Oobi (Foopiian rights only)
Offices of The Gabrielpika Animation Studios
- San Jose, California (March 2018)
- New York City, New York
- Austin, Texas (Formerly)
- FooTown, Foopiia (Foopiia)
- Beijing, China (China)
- Dublin, Ireland (Europe)